Hello Everyone out there in the Kubota BX world!!
We finally got this Kubota BX Attachments 60″ loader mounted snow plow done and ready to sell. It’s been a long road and should of had this done last fall. But better late than never and it’s turned out to be a better snow plow than I hoped for. There will be a couple of mod’s yet to the production model but not anything you’ll notice or see differently in this one in the pictures. But the goal was to build the best and most durable manual angle snow plow currently available for the Kubota BX compact tractor. I think we found the right combination of parts to make this all happen here.
The Ai2 Products Kubota BX attachments 60″ loader mounted snow plow has the following features.
- Snow blade shell is made from 12ga mild steel, some you find on most pickup plows.
- THis Kubota BX snow plow has probably the tallest blade shell on the market as well measuring in at 22″.
- The blade itself is gusseted with .25″ A36 steel plate using 2 outer ribs and 2 inner ribs that also have integrated blade trip stops.
- The top plow shell is also gusseted across the entire width of the blade to help with flex at the top edge of the blade and also make the top edge of the blade extremely rigid.
- The lower part of the blade has the cutting edge mount plate made from .25″ A36 steel and this also acts at the gusset for the lower edge of the blade where the majority of the plowing impacts occur.
- The cutting edge is a .5″ x 4″ wide x 60″ long piece of single bevel flat 1055 carbon steel. The cutting is bolted on with .5″ plow bolts and is completely replaceable. Not like most blades out there that have small cutting edge welded to the blade shell or even worse that have a flimsy piece of .25″ flat bar they use as a cutting edge and it get ground off in one season of use, if your lucky.
- Also across the top and bottom of the Blade we have 1.5″ x .145″ wall pipe size tubing tohelp with any torsional twist in the blade when hooking the outer edges of the plow or if you smack a curb. This will help keep the blade straight.
- The trip springs are off the shelf Western Snow plow springs as well as the trip spring tensioners. So if you would break one you can go to any plow dealer of Northern Tool and pick some up.
- The skid shoes are no different. They are also standard Western Snow Plow skid shoe and shims so you can get them setexactly where you want them. to clean right down to the concrete or set them a little lower so when your in gravel or softer ground you won’t end up with all the gravel or dirt where you don’t want it.
- The skid shoe mounts are also integrated into the blade frame and the lower torque tube runs through it and helps gusset the lower portion on the plow right behind the cutting edge.
- The blade trip spring pivot pins are made with .75″ shaft not some .5″ bolts like a lot of them out there.
- There are two angle settings for either left or right. One at 15 degrees and the second at 30 degrees. Plus when your at full angle there is a hard stop the plow runs up against to take the impact loads and not rely on the .75″ angle lock pin.
- The blade itself will also gimbal on 2 axis. It pivots at the main angle pin which is also .75″ shaft. That pin is held in place at the top with a 1.25″ x .78″ bushing and located with a bolt to keep the pin in the bushing but also allow the blade to gimbal in the other direction. The lower bushing of the pivot pin is actually slotted so when you are pushing on uneven ground the blade and cutting edge will follow the ground and not what your back tire are doing. Especially when the blade is angled you need this gimbal action to allow the blade to float and follow the terrain.
So these are the main highlights of the all new Ai2 Products Kubota BX Attachments 60″ loader mounted snow plow. Stay tuned for more info on this as I get it all collected and on the website. Will get you a full spec sheet with height, length, width and weight. Will have a couple other options I’ll be working on this weekend as well.
Feel free to call me with any questions on this and pricing.
Thank you for checking us out!!!